COL Memorial Day Hero WOD Marathon – May 27
This year CrossFit City of Lakes would like to start a new tradition over Memorial Day Weekend. For as long as we can remember, CrossFitters worldwide have completed the hero WOD “Murph” (in honor of fallen soldier Michael P. Murphy) on Memorial Day. If you are unfamiliar Murph, it is a grueling workout that consists of 2 miles of running, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups and 300 squats, all while wearing a 20lb vest.
“Murph” is an amazing workout that honors one of our fallen soldiers. However, after speaking to our COL members that have served our country in the military, the question was posed “why do we only honor one fallen hero, why don’t we honor as many as we can?”
So we decided to do just that. Here at CrossFit City of Lakes, we will be initiating the COL Memorial Day Hero WOD Marathon!
Here’s what you need to know about the Memorial Day HERO WOD Marathon:
Sat May 27th
* Teams of 4 (that can be any combination of men and women) will have two hours to complete as many Hero WODs as possible.
* Each Hero WOD will be printed on a card and attached to a board at the front of the gym.
* Team captains will select a Hero WOD and remove the card from the board. Teams will complete the Hero WOD as described on the card (scaling as necessary).
* Teams can split up these workouts however they want, but only one athlete can work at a time.
* The Hero WOD must be completed in its entirety before moving on to the next one.
* Upon completion of the WOD, the card will then be returned to the “completed” WOD board.
* Each Hero WOD can only be completed one time. No duplicating WODs.
* There are 173 Hero WODs officially registered by CrossFit HQ.
* Our goal as a community, will be to honor as many Heroes as possible by completing as many of 173 WODs as we can.
* Each Team is encouraged to submit a $50 donation to our local chapter of “The Disabled American Veterans of Minnesota” to participate in the event. You can donate to the national organization online anytime or to the local chapter at the event. We want 100% of our donations to support our local veterans.
** After the event there will be a community potluck and party to celebrate! **